Apocalyptica, Soul Rebels Brass Band
This was the first of four 30th Anniversary celebration gigs at The Fillmore in San Francisco.
This was the first time in 12 years that The Call of Ktulu has opened a show. The last time it served as an opener was on November 23, 1999 in New York, NY during the S&M gig at Madison Square Garden.
This was the first time in over 20 years that the full version of No Remorse was performed.
This was the first time in 19 years that The Shortest Straw was performed in the Bay Area. The last time it was performed in Northern California was on September 24, 1992 at Oakland Coliseum.
This was the first time in over a year that Leper Messiah was performed. It was last performed on November 21, 2010 in Melbourne, Australia.
This was the first time in over a year that The Day That Never Comes was performed. It was last performed on November 16, 2010 in Adelaide, Australia.
This was the live debut of Carpe Diem Baby.
This was also the live debut of Hate Train... a song that didn't make the cut for Death Magnetic. You can download the studio version of Hate Train as part of the Beyond Magnetic EP on iTunes.
This was only the third time that the band has performed an acoustic cover of Nazareth's Please Don't Judas Me.
Metallica brought up a lucky Met Club member named John Dent to jam on Wherever I May Roam.
John Marshall came out and joined the band on Sad But True. For those that don't know, John filled in for James in 1986 after he broke his wrist skateboarding and after he lit himself on fire in 1992.
While Apocalyptica set up their gear, Robert Trujillo performed an impromptu jam on Cliff Burton's famous solo (Anesthesia) - Pulling Teeth.
Apocalyptica provided strings on No Leaf Clover.
This was the most unique performance of One... the first half was performed by Apocalyptica with James providing vocals and Lars, Kirk and Robert joined in at the "Darkness" bit.
A man who needs no introduction... Jason Newsted joined the band on Harvester of Sorrow and Damage, Inc.
This was the first time in 16 years that Jason Newsted played Harvester of Sorrow with Metallica. He last played Harvester on August 26, 1995 in Donington, England.
This was the first time in 13 years that Jason Newsted played Damage, Inc. with Metallica. He last played the song on May 7, 1998 in Tokyo, Japan
Biff Byford of Saxon performed a cover of Motorcycle Man with Metallica.
There was a mini four-song Diamond Head set featuring Sean Harris and Brian Tatler.
This was the first time in over two years that The Prince was played and only the sixth time the song had been played since 2004.
This was the live debut of It's Electric.
This was the first time in 21 years that the full version of Helpless was played.
This was only the eighth time that Metallica performed the full version of Am I Evil? since 1984.
All of the special guests joined Metallica on stage for Seek & Destroy including Jason Newsted, John Marshall, Sean Harris, Brian Tatler, Bif Byford, Apocalyptica, and the Soul Rebels Brass Band.
Metallica performed 20 songs off of the following releases: Kill 'Em All (2), Ride the Lightning (1), Master of Puppets (2), ...And Justice for All (3), The Black Album (2), ReLoad (1), Garage Inc. (4), S&M (1), Death Magnetic (1), Beyond Magnetic (1) and two non-album tracks
- The Call of Ktulu
- No Remorse Full Version
- The Shortest Straw
- Leper Messiah
- The Day That Never Comes
- Carpe Diem Baby Live Debut
- Hate Train Live Debut
- Please Don't Judas Me Acoustic
- Wherever I May Roam Featuring Met Clubber John Dent on Guitar
- Sad But True Featuring John Marshall on Guitar
- No Leaf Clover Featuring Eicca Toppinen, Paavo Lötjönen, and Perttu Kivilaakso of Apocalyptica on Cellos
- One Featuring Eicca Toppinen, Paavo Lötjönen, and Perttu Kivilaakso of Apocalyptica on Cellos
- Harvester of Sorrow Featuring Jason Newsted on Bass
- Damage, Inc. Featuring Jason Newsted on Bass
- Motorcycle Man Featuring Biff Byford on Vocals
- The Prince Featuring Sean Harris on Vocals and Brian Tatler on Guitar
- It's Electric Live Debut. Featuring Sean Harris on Vocals and Brian Tatler on Guitar
- Helpless Featuring Sean Harris on Vocals and Brian Tatler on Guitar
- Am I Evil? Featuring Sean Harris on Vocals and Brian Tatler on Guitar
- Seek and Destroy Featuring Jason Newsted, John Marshall, Sean Harris, Brian Tatler, Biff Byford, Apocalyptica and the Soul Rebels Brass Band