The Metallica Scholars Initiative Welcomes Nine New Schools For Year Three
We’re excited to announce that we’ll be welcoming nine new schools into our Metallica Scholars family!
Following a competitive selection process conducted by All Within My Hands (AWMH) and our partners at American Association of Community Colleges (AACC), nine new schools will receive $100,000 to transform the lives of their students. With 14 schools returning from Year Two, this year will see AWMH donating a total of $1.6 Million in funding to continue the goal of reinvesting in communities that have supported us over the last four decades.
The Metallica Scholars Initiative was designed to directly support students while also elevating the importance of career and technical education. To date, the Foundation has provided $4.1 million in grants to fund workforce education programs, supporting a variety of skilled trades across the country.
This is now the third year of Metallica Scholars, and we couldn’t be happier with the results! This program has fundamentally improved the earning potential for students who become Metallica Scholars, helping build stronger communities by supporting individual futures.
- Jen Worth, AACC Senior Vice President, Workforce and Economic Development
“As a touring entity we are in direct involvement with multiple essential career choices along our path. From electrical, professional driving, culinary, mechanical maintenance, public safety, logistical organizers. And that just scratches the surface. Those, along with a multitude of other technical careers, make our touring and our performances possible. We are passionate and grateful to these trades and tradespeople.”
- James Hetfield
The new sites for the Metallica Scholars program are:
- Northwest-Shoals Community College, Muscle Shoals, Alabama
- Pima County Community College, Tucson, Arizona
- Hartnell College, Salinas, California
- Victor Valley College, Victorville, California
- Clinton Community College, Clinton, Iowa
- Central Community College, Grand Island, Nebraska
- Columbia Gorge Community College, The Dalles, Oregon
- Northern Virginia Community College, Annandale, Virginia
- West Virginia University Parkersburg, Parkersburg, West Virginia
To learn more about the Metallica Scholars Initiative, please visit AllWithinMyHands.org/Metallica-Scholars.